Tuesday 3 March 2015

Benefit Roller Lash Mascara

I personally love Benefit and they're entire brand, cute quirky packaging and good products that find a spot in the market between high street and designer make-up prices. I'm a huge fan of the Benefit They're Real mascara, so much so that I'm a serial repurchaser. It was so fair to say I was pretty excited when I heard they were adding to their mascara range and knew I just had to get my hands on it. I feel like I put myself on the waiting list forever ago but finally it turned up on my doorstep. I was so excited to see how the Beneft Roller Lash mascara compared, but more importantly if it had the all important curl factor it states to have.


So the beauty of this mascara is supposed to come from the fact the wand acts like a hair roller but for your lashes. It should lift and curling every single lash while applying for that perfect curl power. At first I was a little sceptical and more importantly a little scared, the thought of a wand hooking my lashes didn't sound all to appealing... more like some Victorian torture device. Fair to say that certainly wasn't the case. It didn't feel like this was yanking or pulling on my lashes but just gently lifting and teasing away from my eyes. It kind of just feels like using a curling wand but its inside your mascara already. The mascara contains provitamin B5 and Serin, two ingredients know for their lash conditioning benefits to keep your lashes full and thick. It is also water-resistant (not fully proof as I found out while swimming) and comes in Ink black in order to really add drama to your lashes while still giving a satin finish.


The curl-setting formula is supposed to hold for 12 hours and I must say during wearing this I did notice it had the stay put power as my lashes looked curled and jet black all day long. It also didn't leave me with panda eyes which is also a plus. My only issue with this mascara was that once it had  fully dried upon my lashes I felt it was very difficult to reapply another coat over the top later in the day and I presume this is due to the 12hr formula. It however was very easy to build and add coats once first applied to help build volume and drama.

I do really like this mascara, it did make my eyes look more open and my lashes noticeably more curled. It caught, lifted and curled my lashes all at the same time. I felt when I literally teased the product onto my lashes, moving the wand side to side while applying I felt I got the best curl and length. In regards to how it compares to the They're Real mascara... I think it's more a companion than opponent. This wand offers great curl while its predecessor offers length and volume so using them together I think would offer the best results and a serious set of killer lashes. People will definitely be questioning whether your wearing falsies or not now.


I also love how this mascara is inspired by vintage rollers and that is mirrored into the packaging. I absolutely love this bottle. The baby pink 50's style roller for the wand is just the cutest thing I've ever seen. It just fits so well with the concept and as well with the Benefit brand as a whole. Even the outer packing of the box is adorable and fits perfectly with the 50's theme that is coherent through this product and the brand. It's pin-up perfect!


Benefit's new Roller Lash mascara 'rolls' into stores on the 26th of February, pardon the pun, so make sure you grab one asap if you want to see what all the fuss is about because I'm sure it'll be a sellout. It retails for £19.50, the same as They're Real mascara. A little pricier than your drugstore mascaras but definitely worth it in my opinion. If your a fan of Benefit's mascara range I'd definitely try this one out, it's great as a stand alone or when used to add curl when used with another product. I really do love the way Roller Lash looks on and in my make-up bag for that matter. This mascara is just perfect to help you channel your inner pin-up with big curly 50's lashes. Only the kind that Benefit could bring to you.


Have you used Benefit's Roller Lash? Do you want to try Roller Lash? Does the wand sound a little scary to you, like it did to me?
Let me know in the comments below. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© OLIVIAHELENATAYLOR | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig